Galaxy On Fire 2 Full HD for OS X has been updated to version 1.0.5, and a new in-app purchase/addon, Supernova, has also been released, which brings a 10+ hour new storyline, 8 new spaceships, new weapons and mission types, new star systems.
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD is a sci-fi spaceship-based action game/simulator. The artwork/graphics are very high-quality and high-end. The ship-to-ship combat is great, and there is also some trading and roleplaying thrown in. It’s not quite a modern Wing Commander/Privateer (although we maybe getting one of those soon) but you do get that feeling at times. It plays well across Macs and even iOS devices (especially the Retina iPad).
If you play just the game itself, it can be finished pretty quick, but with the DLC (downloadable content) and all of the updates, its depth stretches quite a bit. I’ve enjoyed it (and I really need to do a review of it).
- Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD Update (Free)
- New arcade mode “Supernova Challenge” incl. iOS6 support
- Six special ships (only available for owners of the Kaamo Club)
- One retro ship (the legendary Gryphon from the original GOF)
- Possibility to modify the stats and capabilities of your spaceships
- Kaamo Club VIP Card (for exclusive discounts on all Kaamo-Offers)
- Four new primary weapons
- Nine new achievements
- Complete German voice-over
- Minor bugfixes and enhancements
- Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD Supernova ($14.99)
- An epic new storyline with more than 10 hours of action-packed sci-fi gameplay
- Eight new spaceships (incl. Most Wanted Ships)
- Dozens of new weapons, power-ups and commodities (incl. cluster missiles and gamma shields)
- New mission types and gameplay modes (e.g. bounty hunting, plasma collecting, hacking)
- Seven new star systems (incl. the spectacular Supernova systems)
- New capital ships and structures (e.g. Vossk Battlecruiser and Mido Mining Plant)
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- 1.22 GB in size (may require more HDD space)