Thanks to Frozenbyte Ltd releasing Trine 2: Goblin Menace yesterday, the first expansion to it’s action/adventure/side-scrolling RPG, Trine 2, they are running sales on several distribution platforms, including Apple’s Mac App Store and Steam. I’m not sure when the App Store sales expire, but the Steam sales expire on September 10th for the bundles, and September 20th for the expansion. The Mac App Store has it on sale for $3.99 (Original Trine – $2.99).
It’s no surprise that the sale on the Mac App Store has pushed Trine 2 to the #1 position in Top Paid Games.
Note that the expansion is not available through the Mac App Store – you’ll have to go to Steam to purchase it and you need to have Trine 2 purchased through Steam. I’m not sure when/if it will make it to the Mac App Store.
- Sales at Apple’s Mac App Store
- Trine 2 – Frozenbyte ($3.99 USD, 75% off)
- Trine – Frozenbyte ($2.99 USD, 75% off)
- Sales at Steam
- Trine 2: Goblin Menace ($6.79 USD, 15% off) (Expires Sept. 20, 2012)
- Trine Complete Collection ($8.74 USD, 75% off) (Expires Sept. 10, 2012) – Trine, Trine 2, Trine 2: Goblin Menace
- Frozenbyte Collection ($9.99 USD, 75% off) (Expires Sept. 10, 2012) Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor, Trine, Trine 2, Trine 2: Goblin Menace
So what does Trine 2: Goblin Menace offer for $7.99 ($6.99 on sale)? Quite a bit for the price, actually, but Trine has always been a heckuva a value for gamers, and the Mac versions have been great for me. As far as I’m concerned, it is the best side-scroller in years.
- Here are the details:
- Six new skills (all playable in Trine 2, including multi-player)
- All-new campaign spanning six levels
- New environments covering deserts, snowy mountains, a giant sand worm (?)
- Improved visuals and a new soundtrack
- New enemies and bosses
- Requirements for Mac Gamers
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 or later
- Intel Mac (obviously)
- 1 GB RAM
- 1.5 GB Hard Drive Space
- NVIDIA GEForce 8600M or better (or) ATI Radeon 2400 or better
- Does not run on Intel graphics from 2006-2008, but does run on Intel HD Graphics 3000 from 2010 or newer
- Keyboard, Mouse or Trackpad with secondary click enabled